Lesaffre is a global player in the fermentation of microorganisms for baking, taste, healthcare & biotechnology.
- The Yeast sales in 2019 decreased by 11% compared to 2018.
- We needed to promote a new product with a small market share.
- Target audience — newbies in baking, young women and families, 25-40 y.o. with mid and higher profit, residents of cities with more than 100 000 people.
The quarantine had just begun, people were locked in their homes for the first time in their lives. So we have launched a campaign and the following was predicted:
- Sales increase by 35% over the same period in 2019.
- Market share of a new brand “Duhmyana Hata” increases from 6 to 9%.
- Our campaign was aimed at increasing awareness, stimulating trial purchases, reaching at least 11 million of target audience (of which 4,5 million were in Digital), as well as brand consolidation.
Communications mix consisted of:
- Outdoor advertising;
- Trade marketing;
We have combined tools and formats. The main budget was spent on buying ad impressions using Programmatic in Admixer.DSP and Display & Video 360.
- 90% of our budget — on Display & Video 360 and our costs were split as follows:
- 70% — on YouTube;
- 10% — on Video SSP;
- 10% — on Banner SSP.
We spent another 5% on Admixer.DSP (Video SSP) and the remaining 5% on Google Ads search campaigns.
To build effective reach and memorability, we’ve split the ad campaign into several flights:
- First, the videos were launched for 15 seconds to generate knowledge of the brand and product;
- We then used 6-second videos (based on target audience data) to complement the reach of cheaper CPR and build brand attitudes;
- Simultaneously with all the activity, we launched advertising: banner and Google search.
Brand Lift Survey helped us understand how the advertising campaign influenced the attitude of the target audience towards the brand.
As a result:
- We reached 6.2 million users on frequency 3;
- The relative increase in advertising visibility was 160% and brand knowledge was 34%.
YouTube Advertising Memorability:
- 1.3 million users involved;
- UAH 0.12 — the cost of the involved user;
- + 21.7% — absolute growth;
- + 160.2% — relative growth.
Memorable DV360 Video Advertising:
- + 12.3% — absolute growth;
- + 105% — relative growth.
Sales growth — 156% compared to the same period in 2019