Client Overview and Challenge
Description of the client
Our client was launching a carsharing app in the Kazakhstan region. This app was a convenient alternative to a private car, public transport and taxi. What makes the app convenient and useful?
- 100 + cars are available for rent throughout the Kazakhstan region
- You pay only for the period of use, without prepayment and deposit
- Petrol, parking, insurance, and cleaning are already included in the price
- It is possible to move throughout the entire region
- The rent can be terminated within the permitted zone in the region in accordance with the traffic regulations
- You can manage and pay for rent through a mobile application
The client’s challenges
The main goal was to launch a new service of per-minute car rental in Almaty city. The main areas of focus were: build awareness among the target audiences, tell them about the unique selling proposition and competitive advantage of service. Form a need for a service among a new audience and get part of the market share at the expense of competitors.
The client’s goals
- Get 150,000 installs of the mobile app in 3 months
- CPI 0,25$, САС 5$
- Develop a customer retention strategy
Strategy and Planning
Campaign strategy to address the challenges or problems
This campaign was based on a mixed marketing strategy via Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and DV360. These platforms have a wide range of tools for app promotion. In order not to lose any group of potential users, we were targeting IOS and Android smartphone users.
We segmented them by interest, behaviour, location and other criteria. Additionally, we analysed users in-app behaviour to build lists for promotion, remarketing and look-a-like targeting.
Planning launch in details
In order to meet the client’s expectations and reach their KPIs, we took the following actions:
- Analysed audience group size
- Compared industry benchmarks and MixDigital benchmarks
How did we plan to measure and track performance
We set up synchronisation between AppsFlyer, DV360, Facebook Ads and Google Ads. We used Floodlights and Facebook Pixels for:
- App Installs Tracking
- App Activity Tracking (‘first_open’, ‘session_start’, ‘complete_registration’, ‘purchase’)
- Collecting audiences
Implementation and Optimisation
Description of the implementation
We created an effective structure in DV360, Google and Facebook Ads based on user funnel. We segmented users and created ad concepts for every segment with a unique selling proposition and competitive advantage.
Description of ongoing optimisation
With the ongoing campaign, we worked with different bid strategies. At first, we optimised the campaign for installs. As we collected data, we used optimisation for ‘complete_registration’ and then ‘purchase’.
To make sure that we were working only with the most effective groups of the audience and relevant content, particular attention was paid to the testing stage. We tested different ad concepts (A/B testing) and excluded irrelevant placements, channels, device types and operating systems. As a result, we were able to optimise the campaign and achieve the client’s KPIs.
Results and Business Insight
Results against client KPIs:
- We received more than 165 000 app installs. The average CPI in Kazakhstan was 0.23$.
- CAC – 4.13$
- We had a 30-day Retention Rate of 25% and a 90-day Retention Rate of 20%.
How campaign met the client’s expectations
Thanks to an effective advertising campaign in the Google Ads, DV360 and Facebook Ads, we increased brand awareness, generated organic demand and cultivated an active users base.
To install and use this app, clients had many barriers: must be older than 21, needed a driver’s license and had to have enough money in their the bank account for a car deposit. Therefore, a 30-day retention rate was relatively low for a mobile app industry. The good news is that 80% of registered clients continued to use the app with steady frequency.